Friday, December 25, 2009

Aint got no grahm nor chocolate

I stood on a corner today between two sets of firecrackers. Not really hating the firecrackers, as I generally do, but more just marveling that I felt that I understood the sounds of a war zone. Nothing says ´Peace on Earth´ like a good dozen firecrackers.

Also! A great moment of the day to highlight... a tag on to the short Cristy in Marshamallow Land, or whatever I titled the other blog entry... well, I saw a small family walking down the street eating a bag of marshmallows. What did we do before these puffy little sugar blobs? I may not agree with the overconsumption of the mallow, nor its presence in every home during the season, but, you can not deny the hilariousness of a grown man chomping on a huge pink marshmallow on the city streets. Casual marshmallowing.

Tomorrow I will climb near, not to the top of, the second most active volcano in central america. Damn you Costa Rica and your more active volcano. You downgraded the coolness factor of my volcano. NOT. I´m climbing a freaking active volcano! Sweet!

And now, some flashcards and some sleep. I think the country may have run low on firecrackers, which is promising for sleep. I think the mallow supply still runs steady, luckily they are not as loud.

Wishing you all had a very merry day. (Don´t you just love the word merry?)

No comments:

Post a Comment