Monday, January 18, 2010

Snow

The Snow.

You can forget how wonderful the soft blanket of white is... after decades of pushing it over, moving it, sloshing through it and struggling with it... you forget how wonderful, how beautiful.... or maybe you just temporarily forget...

the snow here in flagstaff makes me miss home. Makes me miss being a kid, cold nose and fingers playing in the snow for hours... chewing on the bottom of my face mask and loosing feeling in my toes... snow always crusting in my hair. Breathing in the the snow, face close... snow tunnels and shelters... sledding, bounding, skiing, building castles and snow kingdoms. Snowballs and slidding down hills... road salt treasures and sweet slow slow flakes on the tounge.

the soft big fat flakes in the trees,
crunching underfoot,
coating and covering, and then the silence....
the silence of snow.
the silence of snow in the forest.

the sweet. soft. silence of snow.

No comments:

Post a Comment